This year I set myself a reading target. It was pretty modest at one book per month. But given I only managed to read nine books in 2014, it seemed realistic.
I reached my target early in December. I’m currently reading my 13th book of the year and I hope to finish it over the Christmas holiday.
Here’s a quick break down of the books I’ve read in 2015:
- three non-fiction titles: Beware of the Dog, A Sense of Direction and The Rosetta Stone
- two five-star books: The Goldfinch and Into the Fire
- three classics: The 39 Steps, Sword at Sunset and Empire of the Sun
- two in the same series: The Pure in Heart and The Risk of Darkness
- two that begin ‘On…’ (ok, that’s a bit of a tenuous link, but hey): On Beauty and On Chesil Beach
You can view my year in books, with some more interesting stats on my GoodReads profile.